be free, be happy, be peaceful

May all find the teacher within to guide oneself towards unconditional love and peace

Sunday, May 14, 2017

The ego exists in all and everyone and anyone

The ego, or more precisely, the idea of 'I', exists in all and everyone and anyone, whether educated or non-educated, intelligent or non-intelligent, knowledgeable or non-knowledgeable, religious or non-religious, wealthy or poor, men or women, young or old, vegetarian or non-vegetarian, yoga practitioners and non-yoga practitioners, yoga teachers and non-yoga teachers, and so on.

If the ego can easily be eradicated, then the entire world would be in peace and harmony.

Though it's not easy, fear not. Keep practicing. Root out the ego and egoism, patiently and diligently.

The entire worldly cultural, educational, religious, spiritual, social and political system is all about empowering the ego and egoism. It is normal and the right thing to do for human beings to empower self-identification, self-image and self-achievement. It would be wrong and strange if one abandons self-identification, self-image and self-achievement.

Even in the world of yoga which is 'supposed' to be all about starving the ego and eradicating egoism and separateness, but now mostly is all about empowering the ego and fueling egoism and separateness.
"I am a yogi."
"I am a healer."
"I am an experienced/good yoga practitioner."
"I am an experienced/good yoga teacher."
"I am X or Y brand yogi."
"I am a Christian/Muslim/Buddhist/Hindu/Atheist/... yogi."
"I am a certified and qualified yoga teacher."
"I am a yoga teacher affiliated with such and such yoga alliance or yoga association or yoga school."
"I have been practicing and teaching yoga for how many years and have taught in such and such yoga schools/ashrams and have taught how many yoga students."
"These are my yogi family/friends/brothers/sisters/gangs."
And all kinds of 'yoga brands', 'yoga lineage', 'yoga schools', 'yoga festivals', 'yoga retreats', 'yoga courses', 'yoga healing products', 'yoga health food', 'yoga apparels' and 'yoga accessories', and so on.

"Do not associate. Do not build ashrams. Do not hoard disciples. Do not mix. Live alone. Walk alone. Eat alone. Meditate Alone." - Swami Sivananda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reviews of Yoga Now Malaysia on Trip Advisor

Followers

About Yoga

Know thyself. Everything is impermanent and selfless. There is no 'I'. There is no 'I am selfless'/'I am not selfless'. There is no 'I am hurt'/'I need to be healed from hurt'. Non-blind believing, non-blind following, non-blind practicing and non-blind propagating, but be open-minded to inquire the truth of everything. Be free. Be peaceful. Be happy.

About Meng Foong

My photo
Inquire the truth of everything.

Link to Yoga Now Malaysia website

Link to Yoga Now Malaysia website
Yoga retreats and yoga workshops in Malaysia

Blog Archive

whos.amung.us

visitor maps