be free, be happy, be peaceful

May all find the teacher within to guide oneself towards unconditional love and peace

Monday, March 7, 2016

Want to teach yoga? (5)

One must be free from ignorance and suffering, and has peace, before one can help or guide others to be free from ignorance and suffering, and have peace.

Teaching yoga is without attachment or identification, guiding other beings onto the path of self-inquiry and self-realization to be free from ignorance, egoism, attachment, identification, craving, aversion, and all sorts of impurities, and this leads to the liberation of transcending suffering.

Liberation is nothing to do with freedom of thinking, actions and speech, or gratifying all our desires of what we want and don't want (craving and aversion), but it's being free from ignorance and the consequences of ignorance, which is suffering. Suffering exists when ignorance exists. Suffering doesn't exist when ignorance is absent. One can attain liberation even when one's thinking, actions and speech are limited or restricted.

Teaching yoga has nothing to do with righteousness, or changing the world to be the way that we think is good and right, or saving other beings from suffering, or freeing the world from the bad and evil, but it's allowing everyone to go through mind purification or self-evolution in their own pace, and be free from ignorance and egoism, transcending the impermanent worldly life existence through realizing selflessness, and thus, there's no egoistic attachment towards the impermanent world of names and forms.

It's not about expecting the world to be free from what we believe as negative, bad and wrong, or changing everything and everyone to become what we believe as positive, good and right, to give us peace.

It's not about "This is my world. I love my world. I don't want anything negative, bad and wrong to be in my world. I want my world to be what I believe as positive, good and right. I don't want objects and beings that I don't like and don't agree with to exist in my world."

Though the world doesn't belong to anyone or anything, but everyone and everything, whether our minds believe as good or bad, right or wrong, has the right to be existing and sharing this space of the universe.

Peace is there when one's mind is free from ignorance, egoism and impurities. It has nothing to do with whether everything and everyone in the world that we are living in is the way that how we like it to be, or not. Unconditional peace has nothing to do with whether everything and everyone in the world is positive, good and right, or not.

Upon realization of selflessness, there is no identification with the limited impermanent life existence of the body and mind as 'I'. The body is not me, I am not the body. The mind is not me, I am not the mind. There is no 'I' exist to be selfish or unselfish. There's no 'I' to be good or bad. There's no 'I' to do good or bad. There's no 'I' performing action or inaction. There's no 'I' to be giving and receiving the fruit of actions. There's no 'I' to be experiencing happiness or unhappiness. There's no 'I' to enjoy or suffer.

The unconditional peace is always there, undetermined and uncontaminated by any impermanent qualities of names and forms. There's no egoistic attachment towards the qualities of names and forms. There is no attachment towards the physical condition and the function of the mind. There is no clinging or craving towards what the mind believes as positive, good and right. There is no aversion towards what the mind believes as negative, bad and wrong.

Once one is free from ignorance, egoism, attachment, identification, craving and aversion, one will know how to guide others to be free, without the need of acquiring qualification or certification from yoga teachers training courses to be a 'recognized' or 'certified' yoga teacher to teach yoga. Teaching yoga is beyond the worldly thinking and commercial values that are created by the worldly minded for the worldly minded, which is not about eliminating ignorance and egoism, but it's empowering ignorance and egoism.

Om shanti.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reviews of Yoga Now Malaysia on Trip Advisor

Followers

About Yoga

Know thyself. Everything is impermanent and selfless. There is no 'I'. There is no 'I am selfless'/'I am not selfless'. There is no 'I am hurt'/'I need to be healed from hurt'. Non-blind believing, non-blind following, non-blind practicing and non-blind propagating, but be open-minded to inquire the truth of everything. Be free. Be peaceful. Be happy.

About Meng Foong

My photo
Inquire the truth of everything.

Link to Yoga Now Malaysia website

Link to Yoga Now Malaysia website
Yoga retreats and yoga workshops in Malaysia

Blog Archive

whos.amung.us

visitor maps